Tuesday 16 July 2013

22 Week Update


How far along?  22 weeks & 2 days


Total weight gain:  I have had a fat week and feeling huge! I don't think I am actually huge but I feel it.  I think this is down to the heat and the fact my ankles seem to be swelling a little!  Bad times.  
My friend had this a few weeks back and recommends elevating your legs as much as possible  but this can be pretty difficult at work and also at festivals!!

Maternity clothes?  Nothing new, really enjoying my H&M Mama purchases from last week but I still feel like I have nothing to wear and look crap in everything!  I think this is just going to get worse as I get bigger so I should probably just get used to it and stop moaning!!  I now understand why people said to me its so rubbish being preggo in the summer! 

Stretch marks?  None, just looking quite veiny on my tummy!  I am running out of Mama Mio's Belly Butter and thinking about trying a new one, does anyone have any recommendations??  I have been told Burts Bees Mama Bees Oil is lovely, has anyone tried it?

Sleep:  Sleep has been odd! I am getting to sleep fine but I have been having such horrific dreams I wake up upset!!  Mainly baby related!  The other night I had one where I had my baby but I couldn't seem to hold it properly and it was flopping all over the place and puking everywhere!!!

Best moment this week:  Harry has been kicking so so much now and I have really enjoyed his "active-ness" 

Worst moment this week:  Bad dreams and aching ribs!

Miss anything?  For the first time I haven't missed a single thing!  I thought I would miss alcohol this weekend when I went to Wireless Festival (post to come) but I really didn't at all! I had a blast and I felt so much better than everyone else did in the heat!

Movement: As above, he has been moving around loads and I am LOVING it.

Food cravings:  Cold Coke still and carbs!  Loving a good plate off chips..  I wish I was craving healthy stuff like Green Tea and dust!! Trying to start eating a lot healthier now as I am being so so naughty with the eating out and being lazy

Anything making you queasy or sick:  nothing!

Gender: Boy!!

Labor signs: None

Symptoms:  Another quite good week really!  Full of energy and not feeling particularly unwell or anything.  My body is pretty achey though most of the time and feeling like its really growing and under a lot more strain than before.  Its quite uncomfortable at work now sitting down for long periods, which can't exactly be avoided - AND totally not enjoying swollen ankles!

Belly button in or out?  In but sort of flat!

Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy and moody at once!  Moody because I feel like I look crap at all times and happy because I am obviously so excited to become a Mummy!!

Looking forward to:  Still our house move.  Its stupidly exciting!  Just want to get in there and start the decorating!

Bump:






















SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Your bump has deffo sprouted.. I have had a few weird dreams too, I even dreamt the baby came out with his willy in the wrong place, I was so worried it wasnt going to work for him when he was older!!! Crazy hormones!

    P.S you do not look like crap xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bump is coming along nicely now!! :)
    I never really stuck with a particular stretch mark cream, Maternicare was quite nice

    Hayley
    Sparkles &Stretchmarks
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you really look great!

    I love Burt's Bees Mama Bee products. I've been using the belly butter and body oil regularly. Another great brand for belly butter / oil is Love Boo - http://www.loveboo.com/

    I'm 31 weeks along now and I've been using Burt's Bees Leg & Foot cooling gel at the end of the day whenever I get swollen ankles. It really helps and feels amazing especially after a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is growing by the day SJ! I had another weird dream last night that the baby came out and my mum had to try and put him back in.. eeek!! Funny huh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is Hayley!! I haven't heard of Maternicare I will have to google it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you @littleturqouise book!! I think I'm going to splurge on some Burts Bees Mama Bees products for sure! The cooling gel sounds really nice and something I really will need!
    Thank you for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig