Monday 8 July 2013

Pregnancy Survival: Baby on Board Badge

As I have mentioned in my Festival Essentials post, I am off to Wireless Festival this coming weekend!!  Some may say I am a crazy preggo woman but I don't see why I should miss out on a fun day out just because I am carrying a baby!

I am however concerned about staying safe at the festival as we all know they can get a little crowded and out of hand (mainly from sweaty teenagers creating mosh pits or punch ups!)  So we will be steering clear of the front of the stage and settling ourselves in a little further back than we usually would, I am also going with boys so they will be creating a "human wall" around me to keep me safe from harm!

Source

One thing I was worried about was the tube journey too and from the event, as its in Stratford this year which is a nightmare on a normal Saturday let alone when people are on their way to get down to a bit of Jay Z!  I did a little research online and found out you can get badges to wear for the tube so people who are blind and can't see your bump can clearly see you are pregnant and will hopefully let you sit down!  I think this is a great idea and I think the badge is pretty retro so I don't mind wearing it, I just hope people don't ignore it and will actually give up their seat for this little preggo lady!

If you want to claim a free Transport for London Baby on Board badge just email your full name and address to babyonboard@tfl.gov.uk or call 0343 222 1234


Have you got a Baby on Board badge??  Do people pay attention to it?!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw this is pretty damn cool, and a great little pregnancy keepsake!
    I just found your blog and I'm loving it! Newest follower :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment! I started following your blog a few days ago too and I love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig