Monday 1 July 2013

Pregnancy Survival: Festival Essentials

I am off to a couple of festivals this year the first one being in just a couple of weeks time!  I am a little nervous as it will be a totally different experience whilst pregnant, not to mention sober!  Saying that I am really excited about it and the fact I can't drink doesn't really put me off as I will be the one without a sore head the next morning!
Here are some of my essentials for festival season this year:

Tie Dye Smock Dress £17.50 from ASOS - Gone are my itty bitty denim shorts and in their place is this beautiful flowing smock dress from ASOS.  This isn't from their maternity range but it is the perfect cut for the size of me right now and to be honest I don't even look very pregnant in it at all!  Comfort is my biggest thing at the moment and style is equally important, the pattern of this dress is spot on for the festival feel

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Pro Dark Spray £15.49 from Feel Unique - Since Harry is taking up a lot of our time and money we aren't having a summer holiday this year and there isn't much chance of me catching rays in Britain so I will need a good fake tan to see me through the rest of this year.  This L'Oreal one is really quite good and gives you a really good even sun kissed tan that Cheryl Cole would be envious of

Hunter Regent Savoy £125 from Hunter - Now the ones in the picture are super shiny and lovely, mine however are covered in a variety of festival crap and have lost their shine BUT they are still the most amazing wellingtons ever as they look more like a stylish boot than a smelly welly!  They are expensive but trust me you will want to invest

Rope Crown Headband £8 from ASOS - Headwear is a must.  I usually go for a hippy flower strung headband or a bowler hat but this year I think i will go a little different and wear a chain in my hair.  I love this one from ASOS and I think it will go really well with my smock dress

Leather Stud Fringe Across Body Bag £20 from ASOS - I really love fringe bags and I think they look great at festivals.  This one has a long strap so its easy to wear as well as keeping your belonging really safe and close to you

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine £8 from ASOS - I wouldn't go anywhere without my beloved Korres Lip Butter in the shade Jasmine.  Its really really hydrating and is such a lovely subtle pink colour

Kleenex Pocket Pack 97p from Boots - I don't really need to explain why these are a billion percent necessary - just make sure you have at least 2 or 3 packs

Gaviscon Strawberry Tablets  £2.99 from Boots - The last thing I want to do at a festival is complain about my annoying acid reflux so these sweets will be a lifesaver when I can't carry round a hefty bottle of Gaviscon liquid!  It also means I can treat myself to a greasy burger without suffering too hard after it!

Are you going to any festivals this year whilst pregnant??
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig