Wednesday 20 November 2013

Our New Home: Harry's Nursery

As my regular readers will know we have finally moved into our new home! There's is still a lot of work to do but one room that is practically finished is our Prince Harry's nursery!! I have been soooo excited to show you and this post is going to be rather pic heavy - but I'm not even sorry

A few shots first of all of us preparing the room..


A paint and fume mask is essential ladies if you are preggo and planning on getting in on the decorating action!!



..oh and so is an exercise ball! I used it constantly to sit on whilst painting as I didn't want to over do it on my feet - I believe this also helped Harry to turn and engage his head as he was breech before I started my hard graft!



Daddy H concentrating on the cutting in!!



Uncle Scott painting my stripes for me!





Harrys furniture is the Sienna 3 piece set from Mamas & Papas and I am SO glad we picked it over the Ikea stuff we were originally looking at.  The quality of all 3 pieces is impeccable, they are really really sturdy, have a lovely finish to them and were so simple to build.  I would say though that the set is not white its definitely cream no matter how much the shop try and tell you it is white!!  Its not the cheapest range to go for but we figured we are saving money in the long run as the cot turns into a cot bed, the changing dresser turns into a normal chest of drawers and the wardrobe is full sized, so all three will grow with him




 The cute elephant changing mat was bought months ago from John Lewis and probably started off our whole elephant obsession!  It fits perfectly on Harrys changing dresser.
The top drawer in the dresser is jam packed with nappies, wipes and cotton pads and as you can see the other 2 drawers are full to the brim with goodies for Haribo to wear!!




I love all of his stuffed animals they are so soft! His White Company elephant is definitely my favourite and was a present from his Auntie Jackie! I remember loving my teddies so much when I was little!  I had this really really ugly brown thing called Billy Belly Button Bear - he was the love of my life!!  I wonder which one he will pick as his favourite!!
 Ewan The Dream Sheep was also a present from 2 of my girly pals and I will be reviewing this once we have trialled it with our little man.
We don't have a cot bedding set yet as the only one we like is quite expensive and seeing as its not needed until he is in his own room it can wait!




Above the changing area is a shelf with a basket for changing essential's so they are all to hand and we don't have to go wandering off to get anything!
The Daddy sign is from Ebay and was Scott's fathers day present this year and the Jellycat Monkey came from a family trip to Monkey World back in the summer!
Harry's cousin Lily painted the ceramic elephant and gave it to us as a gift for our baby shower - CUTE!!
The shelves used in his room are from Ikea and come in a range off colours with all sorts of brackets and fixtures. I painted the brackets on ours grey to match the stripey wall



One of my fave things in the room is the "H is for Harry" print which I found for free on the internet!  I just bought a cheap silver frame from Ikea and got the print done at work so the whole thing cost us a teeny tiny £6.  I also found the elephant print online for free and got a little frame from Matalan for that one - the frame however is too small and cuts off the words so looks a bit silly right now!



The mirror was originally an oak colour and was £10 in a Matalan sale!  I used white Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and some sanding paper to distress it and I love how it turned out!
We decided to get a pretty normal chair and footstool as a nursing chair as we figured we didn't want to waste money on getting a glider or something that can't be used in the future.  At least this chair could easily fit in with our living area or be used in another bedroom.  We got it from Ikea and its sooooo comfy!  I got the voile from Wilko's for like a fiver and used a Little a white Compamy ribbon as a tie back! Scott thinks the voile is girly but I think it really softens up the whole room and can easily be taken down when Harry is a little older.
The rug is also from Ikea and feels super soft and warm on cold tootsies!



The wooden letters on this shelf I got from Ebay for super cheap and just used a couple of coats of grey paint to make them match the room! I am sure Harry will play with these when he is bigger and hopefully they will help him learn how to spell his name! I got the little Paris tin from Dunhelm and for some reason I just think it looks really cute in just room. Paris is mine and his Daddy's fave place where we had a beautiful trip last year so I'm kind of obsessed with anything Parisian related!


This little guy greets you at the nursery door as well as being a handy doorstop! I bought him from Ebay a couple of weeks ago and we think he is just ADORABLE! Also pretty handy of course at keeping the door open! I think he needs a name.. Any suggestions??


The laundry basket is an essential for our little dudes room as he has so many clothes I feel I will be doing a lot of changes and washes! This one fits the room perfectly and so another Dunhelm purchase. I also think this can grow with him as it's not babyish!


We are yet to hang this on the wall as we have been a little preoccupied trying to bring on my labour but this painting by an artist called Lucy Loves is one of our best buys for the nursery. The photo doesn't do the painting justice though as its full of glitter, different textures and tons of imagination! This again is something else that will hopefully grow with Harry but once he thinks it's maybe too babyish mummy and daddy will gladly have this in our room to make us feel young again!!

So there you have it.. All we need now is a tiny little baby called Harry to make his appearance!


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. awww its amazing!!! I love the big picture!! well done Mummy and Daddy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sar! We are so happy with it! It's a nice calm little room! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Harry's nursery is so cute!! Love the grey stripes they go really nicely with the blue and all the elephants are adorable .
    We're going to get mamas and papas furniture too as I think it will be more wearable and better quality although i agree it is expensive .
    Can't believe how many clothes harry has already bless he's going to be one spoilt little babba :)
    Hope he comes soon for you Hun! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! Especially the 'H is for Harry' picture and the elephants x - Si

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Samantha! I love mamas and papas furniture it's such good quality I'm so glad we went for it! Harry has way too many clothes and at this rate none of them will for him hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, I love it! I got our furniture from Mamas and Papas too and it looks very similar to yours but ours is a beech effect, wish I'd gone for white now! It is great quality though :-) Love your style, hope Harry's here to enjoy it soon! xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and Oscar has Ewan and he loves him, he was our little lifesaver for getting him off to sleep and he has him on every nap and night time still! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This room is fab! I love the colours you have chosen. Where did you get the free prints from online?! I would love one for my son, Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Amy! Here is the link for the free print! http://www.ontobaby.com/free-printables/circles-initial-free-printable-nursery-artwork/

      Delete
  9. what colour blue paint have you used? absolutely love the whole nursery! also out of interest what bedding have you bought? x

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig