Saturday 28 November 2015

two.


two
tuː/
number
1.    equivalent to the sum of one and one; one less than three; 2.
"two years ago"
synonyms:
pair, duo, duet, dyad, duplet, tandem; 
o    a group or unit of two people or things.
noun: two; plural noun: twos
"they would straggle home in ones and twos"
synonyms:
pair, duo, duet, dyad, duplet, tandem; 
o    two years old.
"he is only two"


They say that two is terrible.  Really bloody terrible.  Well guess what TWO, we’re ready for you!! (kinda.)

This year has zoomed by unbelievably fast and it terrifies me that I’ll blink and I’ll have a stroppy teenager to contend with!  I honestly don’t know where the time has gone, but to be honest so so much has happened in this short space of time.
This year was the year we gave Harry his magic ears and we haven’t looked back!  We put him through intense surgery, but gave him the most amazing gift by doing so!

My cheeky monkey has also developed into such a character, he is so loving and enjoys cuddling up with mummy and daddy on the sofa catching up on the latest Disney Pixar movies.  He’s the first one to dish out the kisses when people come through the front door and he’ll give anyone a peck in exchange for a biscuit!
His first words are slow but starting to come through now, especially when he wants something!  “More”, “No”, “Please” and “Choo Choo” are among his favourites as well as the signs that go along with it

Harry has also turned into a bit of a monster, like full on toddler tantrums with head banging, the works.  It’s quite hard to adjust to these mood swings and we are still learning how on earth to discipline a child of his age (tips on a postcard please)
A friend of mine told me that “it’s all in the name” having a little pickle with the same name herself!!

Haribo is really confident and friendly with other children and adults which I am so pleased about.. I worried from day one that being a deaf child would make him quiet and reserved but he couldn’t be more the opposite.  I hope to keep reinforcing that confidence as he gets older!
Also this year, with me going back to work Harry went off to a childminder who he absolutely adores!  He repeats her name “Fi Fi” over and over every morning in the car and waves me off as soon as we knock on her door.  I think it’s been really good for him to be around other children whilst I’m slogging away at my desk a few days a week and his babble is really coming on now.

I say it all the time but I couldn’t be more proud to be Mama to this baby bird.  He continues to amaze me every day with his hearing and the start of his funny little speaking voice.  Hes beautiful and my heart could explode with love for him.
I’m so excited for you to turn two my darling little boy.. however terrible it may be!!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig